Best source for flathead rebuild kit?

'41 Fat Bottom Girl

Engine torn down and measuring parts, probably will need a standard .020 over kit, rings, seals, gaskets etc., maybe cam bearings and other as things progress.

Is there a good,  preferred parts house for kits?

(I saw a recommendation on a similar thread a while back, but couldn't find it again)

Thanx!

I have found Egge good for pistons and rings but their complete rebuild kits are expensive. I have used Andy Bernbaum or Roberts Motor Parts for miscellaneous engine parts and both are good quality. They have websites which are reasonable. Vintage Power Wagons are worth a look too. Complete gasket sets are available at reasonable cost from a number of suppliers..

A few years ago when I was chasing parts for the 230 I had I found that there were a couple of guys on US ebay who were based in Turkey, yep, that one who regularly listed 40's & 50's mopar parts at very good prices....these were factory parts still in original boxes and were NOS in perfect condition........from memory I got a full set of lifters, valve guides and an oil pump for less than half what the going US price was and they arrived here in Oz, well packed and promptly...........I found a lot of this stuff listed under both Plymouth and Dodge  and would suggest its worthwhile doing a search every so often outside of exactly what you need as something might be mislisted.............regards, andyd

I bought all new lifters, valves and guides from Terrill Machine. I would purchase as much of what you need from Terrill. He is the least expensive. I also found the Egge, while a good company, doesn't always have everything on stock, so they source from other companies. They are also slow to get the parts on the mail. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, westaus29 said:

How do you find out what stock Terrill Machine has? They dont appear to be on web

You have to put your ear to the phone. It was a pleasant experience for me. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. Parts ship the next day 

• Haha 1