Bucketlist Car For Me Aquired

linus6948

I replaced the 53 year old dry-rotted door seals and the upper hard-top window seals on the 67 Malibu.

image.png.0479bcf3bbc7984dbbda93e296d3af78.png

image.png.e69ba49e325bdaa5a71d7c298932f3dc.png

image.png.581497ce1001da3ef8f8cbec6fbe2a6b.png

Edited by linus6948

The Bench Seat Console for the 67 came and once again it is flawless in construction and looks like it belongs there. A very comfortable and functional addition to the car.

image.png.77cb88f1d2d6c6f920c835afaeaf1b96.png

image.png.0f0317996ac1a461fcdc0ada2d6171b1.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My wife parks her car beneath the 67 chevelle and told me some type of pinkish oil was on her hood. I prayed it wasn`t brake fluid and was "happy" to find it was a blown rear shock leaking. I can`t be surprised as they were Gabriel Red Ryders which were popular in the 70`s and haven`t been made for years.

I had to use a shock length chart as stock shocks were too short with the oversized rear springs, the Red Ryders were an

1 1/2" longer fully extended. The ride of the car is now better than it was with the new rear shocks.

20200911_190408.jpg

20200923_120955.2jpg.jpg

20200923_121005.2jpg.jpg

Edited by linus6948

• 4 weeks later...

When my 67 Malibu Sport Coupe`s 250 inline six was rebuilt it was bored out a piston size larger and this made it run slightly hotter. I changed out the stock 4 blade fan for a high-end 6 blade 18in. "FlexFan" made in the USA by Flex-A-Lite rated for 10,000 rpms, the 250 inline six red-lines at 4500 rpms. I noticed the difference immediately in reduced "drag" on the engine and it`s superior cooling efficiency has been all the manufacturer promised.

20201021_141221.jpg

20201021_141214.jpg

Edited by linus6948
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 67 Chevelle`s were notorious for leaking rear windows and apparently mine was no exception. It had a new rear window that was very poorly installed and them someone used a tube or two of black silicone caulk to glop all around the window in an attempt to seal it. They then used a dull razor blade without lube to clean up their mess and scratched the new window all to hell.

I have a 20yr relationship with a glazier who does vintage car glass and is a chevelle guy. He pulled my rear window and sent me home to clean off all the black silicone and he laughingly predicted it would take me three days to get it all off. Well he nailed it and it did take me 3 days of misery to get it off.

I ordered a new piece of glass and drove back to his shop when it arrived and he installed it for me the correct "old school" way. He did a lot of cursing but he was able to get it perfect as he knew all the tricks for old chevelle`s. Took him an hour and a half and he would not take a dime from me, said he enjoyed doing it and it actually looked like he did.

rear.jpg

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

Edited by linus6948
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...