WEATHER STRIPPING FOR WINDOWS AND DOORS

Jerry T

wHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE WEATHER STRIPPING FOR 51 DESOTO CUSTOM

Have you tried Andy Bernbaums........www.oldmoparts.com ......also Steele Rubber , even tho my experience with them is not good, others swear by them, me, I swore at them........lol..........have you tried to compare what you need with what similar year Dodge and Plymouth use and obviously Chrysler as well.......you may find something that whilst is not an exact replacement may indeed do the job or fit...........also I'd suggest being a bit more specific as "weatherstripping" could mean that which goes around the doors to seal them or that which the front/rear windows fit into.......not trying to be pedantic just trying to help...........BTW....Welcome Aboard from Oz.......Andy Douglas  

Edited by Andydodge

22 hours ago, Jerry T said:

wHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE WEATHER STRIPPING FOR 51 DESOTO CUSTOM

Steele is expensive but I feelthat their rubber products are probably the best out there.

Also remember that the Desoto line is not a real popular line to reproduce individual rubber weather stripping.  Again the Ford Chevy line-up had more cars so these companies will reproduce where they can make a profit and where there is a mass of car owners, basic supply and demand issue.

Next question are you a member of the Natioanl desoto club, I would suggest that you join the club. They have model coordinators and if you contact the 51 model coordinator they might beable to answer your question.

I own a 39 desoto and even have a harder time getting parts for my car because of the small number or cars that were produced in 1939.

Where do you live it is not indicated on your profile.

I live near Philadelphia, PA

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

I live in Clovis CA  closer to Tollhouse CA...I am going t update my profile...also look into this Desoto club ..I was unaware, just started this prooject even though I have owned this desoto since early 80's...Thanks for the reply and info

Turlock swap meet is Jan 25th and 26th. If you haven't gone before, you should go. It's massive and you never know what you will find. Even if you don't find anything you need there, you may make a contact that has info or parts. 

50 minutes ago, Jerry T said:

I live in Clovis CA  closer to Tollhouse CA...I am going t update my profile...also look into this Desoto club ..I was unaware, just started this prooject even though I have owned this desoto since early 80's...Thanks for the reply and info

Jerry Here is th elink to the National Desoto club:  https://desoto.org/

Attached is a picture of my 39

IMG_2929.JPG

• Like 2

That 39 is very nice....From what I'm seeing on parts etc you must have over 20k in that car...very nice job on the restore:)

BTW Allbiz 49 I have been to the turlock auction in  fact I sold a mustang there...but thanks for the heads up as I prob will stop over there and see what I can come up   Also that Fomoso meet is god March meet...