He says in the ad " 1953, last year of the B series with the big rear fenders" which of course, makes it " Rare" .........lol.

I don't see any special rear fender, do you?

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like the same fender I had on my 85 D 150...........:)

Edited by Frank Elder

Not to nit-pick, but didn't the hub caps change for the B4's? I don't believe they are the correct caps for that truck.

I did see the rear fender line, but he doesn't say it's "rare".  That term tends to get thrown around on ebay to make their price seem more valid.

Edited by Merle Coggins
9 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

You guys are right, I made the a rare joke thinking it was well done, I guess you would have to be a Medium to get it........lol.

Well done, sir!

On 12/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, Frank Elder said:

He says in the ad " 1953, last year of the B series with the big rear fenders" which of course, makes it " Rare" .........lol.

I don't see any special rear fender, do you?

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like the same fender I had on my 85 D 150...........:)

It's special when talking about the B series as it was introduced for the last year. You are right it then continued into the 80s when they stopped making flare side boxes. 

I have a B4B.  Are we nit-picking?

Offhand, the hub caps and the gas cap are wrong.  The mirrors are different than mine, but his may be special order.  And otherwise, for such a good restoration, why is the seat upholstery so bad, the door panels are not for a '53, crush on electric connectors, wires are vinyl and not cloth covered (I question the color coding), wiring not wrapped in tape.  I understand why he went to 12V and alternator, but it detracts from a restored appearance.

That said, nice looking truck.