Sad news today from Lisa Coatney

greg g

• 2 weeks later...

Very sorry to hear about Don. I am relatively new on the forum.

Don reached out to me offering technical assistance while replacing valve guides in my truck. The depth of his knowledge was evident in only a few messages he graciously offered. I immediately was intrigued and was hoping and looking forward in coming to know him better. I had emailed him after getting the truck going excited to let him know it was running well and to again thank him. After not hearing back I visited the site in which learned of his passing.

Thanks again Don, may you rest in peace. Prayers to your loved ones.

Very truly, Doug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well.....today is April 27, 2020.  I just now discovered the posts about Don Coatney's passing last December while looking for some certain information.

Very sad to hear - my condolences to Lisa and his family. 

As others have said, Don was a good guy and very helpful to many in his posts. 

He and blueskies had lots of fun carrying on about their big race.  I was fortunate to witness that event which occurred in Tulsa in 2007.....during the

digging up of the buried 1957 Plymouth. 

I met with Don on at least 5 occasions...each of which was fun and interesting.  Even got to ride one time in the old blue P15 and hear those dual pipes. 

He will be missed by all who knew him.  Thanks for all you did.

The "big race" going on in Tulsa:  Don has the lead.....  I'm just trying to keep up to take a few pics......biueskies is getting on it.....

100_6052.jpg

Don and Pete at lunch after the race.......naturally arguing over the bill.......

100_6063.jpgT

Thanks for the good times.                    Bob.

Edited by BobT-47P15
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1