In Memory of Don Coatney

It saddens me to inform the forum that Don Coatney passed away on the 2nd of December.  It is also his wish that no service will be held.  Let's all take a minute to honor this man and his dedication to this forum and count our blessings as life is short.   Don was a great friend, they are far and few these days.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 4
  • Sad 12

I knew that he was selling off at least some of his cars, but I had no idea it was this close for him.  Yes, he will be missed.  There's no one else quite like him, and no one else is as good at "thread bombing" as he was.  (Yanking a discussion off topic in a sneaky manner.  It was rather aggravating at first - you just had to appreciate the art demonstrated in the way he pulled it off.)

Sad news indeed. I always looked forward to reading Don's postings on this forum,always willing to share his experience with others...

I was lucky enough to meet him in person...a very sharp and smart man.

He will be missed by all.

Thank you for posting this...I appreciated DC's insights, his encouragement, and most of his commentary...his technical expertise that he shared has been invaluable, as well as his stories and humor...his presence will be missed...

Sad news to wake up to today. Glad I was able to hang out with him a few times. Won't forget the time he was in town for work without a car and we picked him up for dinner in our only car-a VW golf! 

You'll be missed. 

• Like 1

"this may or may not help"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm real sorry to hear that. I had great respect for his abilities and patience. He helped me out a couple of times. We traded extra Mopar parts once and although I never met him in person, we did talk on the phone. He as very kind and made me feel like I knew him. My condolences go out to his immediate family and all of his P15 D24  family who feel like me and found him to be a wonderful guy. 

I just learned of this and came on here to look. :( 

Very sad deal - I was just figuring out a trip in January that would have taken me close to him - I was going to try and stop.

I think I need this as a window sticker in the Plymouth: 

16 hours ago, maok said:

"this may or may not help"

I was lucky enough to have met up with Don a couple of times. He was a great guy with a ton of knowledge. One of my first interactions with him was when I ran into an issue with the flywheel bolts on my B3B. He asked for my address, and in no time I had a envelope with enough hardware for multiple engines. Here's a picture from a car show that some forum members gathered at a few years ago.He was a great guy, and he will be greatly missed! 

gallery_4738_77_20609.jpg

• Like 2