throttle return spring

homer41

I am rebuilding the engine for my 41 plymouth and I am working on the throttle linkage.Mostly all original except it is getting a P-24 218. There was a throttle return spring that was wired to the carb and then back to the linkage. After looking at this it seems to me that there is a provision on the linkage cluster for a return spring that would terminate somewhere near the starter and would travel on the same plain as the linkage from the footfeed. Does that seem correct? Where would it terminatee? On or nesr the starter?   Dave

Some of them went from the bell crank to a hook on the brace for the oilbath oil cleaner. Have also seen a couple go to an eylet screwed into one of the headbolts with the threaded head.  If you enlarge this pic you can see the spring running from the bell crank to the hook.  There should be a v notch on the bell crank where the spring hook sits into.

img_9189__large.jpg

Totally different style throttle linkage than I have! The mechanism sits on the side of the block and ends up going straight across the head to the carb.  Dave