Learning to pinstripe

JSabah

nice job on pinstriping the rims.

I was told the best cleaning product to use is simple green. I purchased new tires at the Hershey swap meet and the tire manufacturer said that simple green will not harm the tire like the old Wesley whitewall cleaner because it has an alcohol base that is not good for rubber.

My tires come up very nicely and use a soft bristle brush.  It might two or more cleaning to get all the blue off the tires but they will be nice.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

8 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

I was told the best cleaning product to use is simple green. I purchased new tires at the Hershey swap meet and the tire manufacturer said that simple green will not harm the tire like the old Wesley whitewall cleaner because it has an alcohol base that is not good for rubber.

My tires come up very nicely and use a soft bristle brush.  It might two or more cleaning to get all the blue off the tires but they will be nice.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Thanks for the tip. The tire manufacturer included some paperwork that said to just use warm water and soap. If that doesn’t do it, I’ll try the simple green 

On 11/28/2019 at 5:11 AM, blue p15 said:

Nice job!!  If you think you still need more practice, I have a couple of cars you can "practice" on !:-)

Sure, drive ‘em over. As soon as I finish this project car and the one I have waiting for me I’ll get right on it ?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 5:11 AM, blue p15 said:

Nice job!!  If you think you still need more practice, I have a couple of cars you can "practice" on !:-)

Sure, drive ‘em over. As soon as I finish this project car and the one I have waiting for me I’ll get right on it ?

On 11/27/2019 at 8:08 AM, desoto1939 said:

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

I did as you did. Soft bristled brush, some diluted Simple Green followed by clear water and a rag. 

4CF92B3B-0FE2-48AC-B552-736E18222475.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, JSabah said:

seeing as that I’ll probably put the beauty rings and center hubs on, I thought I’d give it a try. 

68B2BB83-949B-4F8B-B661-64744C671F46.jpeg

1B801214-6DF3-4D54-8729-635C772B913D.jpeg

2AA7F400-F08A-43B6-AFF2-0857BC78EAB4.jpeg

To me beauty rings are overrated. All they do is scratch the nice paint on well painted rims. They also creak and groan which is noticeable at low speeds. Personally, I would just go with the nice pinstripes and decent hubcaps. Just my opinion but it's your car so whatever floats your boat, wooden boat that is.