1956 Plymouth suburban

pflaming

I am not selling this car nor do I know the seller. Just passing on the material.

“Rare 1956 Plymouth 2 door wagon. Even more rare is that it has an original “power pack” option which includes a 2bbl carb, larger air cleaner and different rear end gear ratio. I believe this was a factory option original to this car.

Car runs, moves and stops but is NOT road worthy. I have replaced the carb, water pump, fuel pump and various other components.

Gas tank was removed and professionally cleaned and reinstalled. Replaced all wheel cylinders, soft brake lines and 2 new sets of shoes. Brakes still need final adjustments.

Car has rust in floors, rockers, quarters and doors. I have purchased all new floor and rocker panels. Body rust looks fairly easy to replace or repair.

Very rare and unusual combination for a wagon.

I have a clean and clear California title in my name on a non-op.”

40F18E50-0BAD-4D62-9DF7-B9354707248E.jpeg

Now I know where Chrysler Australia got the rear quarters for the Oz 1957-62 Chrysler Royal Wayfarer Utes, well maybe as those rear 1/4's on the 2 dr Suburban look like a perfect fit.......we also got a very limited number of 4 dr wagons, but they are very rare , only 100 or so built compared to a few thousand Utes............thanks for the pic........andyd 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I couldn't resist when I saw that the seller was a member of our Forum, Shaneyk88, AND he lives 15 minutes from my house!  He had a couple of nice threads going earlier this year  '56 Wagon thread . Turns out he is the same fellow that sold me my "40 Plymouth Suburban woodie wagon back in 2003! Not that I need another project as I'm in the middle of the teardown on my '52 Suburban, but I will be retiring soon and it's always good to have another one waiting in the wings. Thanks to Paul for rooting this one out!

Now that I have 3 Plymouth Suburbans in my barn, maybe I should change my handle to "SuburbanBob"? ? (Inspired by AndyDodge)

IMG_7448.jpg

IMGP0248-1.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

congrats that one looks like a nice buy. I'm trailing behind with only 1 wagon(when did they stop being suburbans?)

Thanks, I think! The Standard Catolog of Chrysler still lists Plymouths using the Suburban name in 1961. In '62 they list them as whatever model they were such as Belvedere, etc., plus the words station wagon.

14 minutes ago, Bob Riding said:

Thanks, I think! The Standard Catolog of Chrysler still lists Plymouths using the Suburban name in 1961. In '62 they list them as whatever model they were such as Belvedere, etc., plus the words station wagon.

So I'm 3 years past the suburban club. Mine is a 64 belvedere