fall colors

Plymouthy Adams

Things are bit slow in the south and changing of the colors is but one of them.  I drove to town early this morning as the sun was kissing the trees and they were in full fall foliage.  I napped these in my front yard just a moment ago before they quickly disappear.  They change late, they gone rather quickly.

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

• Like 1

Looks nice. We are well past that stage. Nothing left on any trees around here. Sometimes I think it would be nice if it were easier to relocate further south to a warmer climate.. Where the fall season change takes place much later in the year. Where fall does not start and end in what feels like 1 week.

Each fall I do go out in my Chrysler and look for photo opportunities. Gives me an excuse to get out and put more miles on, cruising. Funny enough, this year my favourite photo was only but from the end of my driveway. I could have rolled it out there, snapped the pic and pushed it back in my shop.

Fall Chrysler.JPG

Edited by keithb7

I took a couple days in October to the mountains in hopes of seeing some color....its hit and miss....all depends on the frosts....I have to book the cabin way in advance so it is always a roll of the dice...we have fun either way, eat well, enjoy a fire on the patio and usually hit a mountain trail or two.  Never a loss by any means...nice shot of your vehicle...

Here in Wilmington, NC, USA, the fall colors just started to come out a couple of days ago. They won't last very long though; they'll be gone in a week or so. But, half of the trees in this area retain the leaves all winter long, especially the Live Oak trees, which are everywhere here. ?

Geez, we've got at least four inches of snow on the ground already...  The autumns up here are gorgeous, but as some of you noted in your areas, they don't last very long.  Fall colors, anyway, I didn't even get a chance to do a fall colors photo safari this year.  We get what folks in the more southern environs would call fall temperatures starting in August.  Those are nice photos, thanks for sharing!

28 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Not much color left but a good shot from this fall putting my car into storage. There was a huge puddle right at the last turn so my whole grill is muddy

IMG_20191025_163637.jpg

Nice pic!! It's a small world.. My younger brother lives not far from you. Looking at a map he's on the west side of Bde Maka Ska, between the lake and a park or golf course or something. He moved there from Seattle when he retired a few years ago and I haven't been up to visit. He really seems to like Minnesota. My only visit there was to Eden Prairie for a couple of weeks back in the '80's. I need to get up there next year.