Front Seat Removal / Bumper Removal

edrendek7777

on my 39 desoto on the front seat I just  lift up on the bottom seat section and the entire bottom portion of the seat cushion comes out as a unit.  The you will see the two rails that the entire unit move on a right and a left rail. These bolt to the floor. Unscrew the four bolts for each rail and the entire back cushion and the frame of the seat can be removed from the car.

The bumper bolts for the bumper have a nut on the inside of the bumper. Crawl under the front or rear bumper and look to see if the bolts come thru the bumper. Unbolt the bolts and the bumper should come off the car.

Rich HArtung

Got the seat out no issue. But man the bumper nuts are crazy stuck. Going to spray the heck out of the bolts with some PB blaster and hope that does the trick. Same deal with the nuts holding the front grill chrome in. Hoping PB blaster will do the trick on that as well. Anyone use something other than PB?  Plain WD40?  

Try using some heat. I used a small hand-held propane torch. Get the nuts as hot as possible. I usually do this after soaking in PB Blaster and giving the sides of the nuts a good pounding with a hammer to help loosen the rust. Repeat as necessary.

Bumper bracket bolts tend to be some of the toughest to loosen as they are in a place where they see a lot of road grime and are also fine thread!

• Like 1