Hydra-Vac

RedHot71

I have a 1951 B3-J 2 1/2 ton dump truck that I had brakes in up until a month or so ago.  It has been sitting for awhile to re-wire it.  I went to hit the brake pedal to check brake lights & had no resistance.  Brake fluid is a little low, but still 3/4 full in the master cylinder.  New wheel cylinders and some of the lines have been replaced.  There is no trace of leaking.  I pulled the pipe plug for the Hydra-Vac & got brake fluid along w/a little pressure.  Does that mean I need to replace or re-build that component?

Yes..the booster has failed and brake.fluid is being sucked into the intake manifold when you apply the brakes. I had one suck all the brake fluid out of the M/cyl while driving...complete loss of brakes?

Thanks for the info.  I was afraid of that.  Now the issue is which one fits my truck.  I found a site, (Cardone) for remanufactured units, but there are different #'s, but they all look the same. 

The trucks use a Midland single diaphram frame mounted booster. I cannot remember the model number.

I think Fords used the same on some of their trucks.