Brass Water Tubes??

1936Forepoint

On 11/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, 1936Forepoint said:

Hi, 

I have seen mention on this site to brass water tubes yet I can't find a supplier that markets them.  Has anyone used a brass water tube?  Does anyone have a source?

Thanks

A couple of years ago, there was someone on Ebay selling NOS brass water distribution tubes, but I did a quick search on Ebay just now and couldn't find any brass ones.  Doing a search of the forum archives should bring up the seller's name and if they are still there, you might get lucky enough to find them.  I seem to remember them being pricey - something like $150 each.

On 11/24/2019 at 7:03 PM, 1936Forepoint said:

Thanks Matt,

I have looked everywhere I can think of but not found any current suppliers.

Bob

Well, that's unfortunate.  However, I suspect that with good care, the galvanized steel tubes will probably last many, many years.

As stated above^^^^^ A new steel tube will not rot in your ownership with good cooling system care. Marine raw water use... steel tube never.

• 1 year later...

About 12 years ago I was able to purchase the 25 inch all brass water tube for my 1939 Desoto.  You do not see these very often and have not seen any at Hershey inthe past several years.  even the galvanized 23 and 25 inch one are hard to find.  I have several of the galvanized and one brass one.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com