Festive Yuletide Related Car Stuff 2019

keithb7

I thought I’d start a festive car related thread. Post your holiday car pics!

Today My wife and I decorated a few old vehicles and drove them in our local city’s Christmas Parade. It was a fun rewarding event. A few pics here:

1928 Dodge Brothers

1953 Austin Ambulance

1936 Ford LaFrance Fire Truck

57FFA666-79DD-4D50-8105-D9BD29D5FB77.jpeg

7F1F41F8-B332-434C-93C0-C4970B46B1C0.jpeg

C0647E89-51DC-4E4A-95D7-CC5948251A49.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks. The local City organized the parade. My local car club participated. I agree it is a bit early. However in Canada our Thanksgiving was back on Oct 9th. As soon as the Halloween stuff goes away, it seems the retailers can't wait to get the Christmas stuff out. I was playing around with my Computer tonight and put this together:

Edited by keithb7

1351622372_CoaldaleParadeofLights1.jpg.5e61c6c2177122ff265e42002a16fb51.jpg

It happens once a year on the last Friday in November. Bonfires in the streets, all lights on mainstreet turned off, and lots of participation. I've done it some years where it has been beautiful like the picture and others where it has been brutally cold and/or snowy. I have been known to take a little personal anti-freeze with me occasionally!:lol:

I received a letter today from the local family who donated the 1928 Dodge to my local vintage car club. The car had been in their family since about 1930 as far as we could track back. They saw the car, all lit up in the Christmas parade on Sunday evening. They took their time to write and express their appreciation. It turns out the great, great, grandchildren of the early owner watched their family heirloom on display for all to enjoy.

If that don't make me feel good!

Edited by keithb7