Ready for a Plymouth Owners Club for Southern California?

Tones52

For our Plymouth (and other Mopar owners like our Pilothouse friends), there’s a group of us that are working to start a regional chapter of the Plymouth Owners Club for Southern California. 

The National Plymouth Owners Club is supportive of these efforts in reviving a POC regional chapter in California. 

Though the geographic area proposed are the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino, those from other areas in California would be most welcome.

The aim of the POC-SoCal is to promote the Plymouth name, help each other other in keeping our cars on the road and be a resource to other Plymouth & Mopar owners. Plus, we want to have fun much like the SoCal Mopar breakfast group from this forum did. 

So if you would like to know about the POC-SoCal, you can send an email to plymouthownersclubsocal@gmail.com or post your question or comments here. Thanks all.

Tony

AB1DBE20-61ED-494B-9B49-091CEC175611.jpeg

41B23016-5460-41D3-8CB2-D927AA6B790F.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi Paul,

To answer your question, there's no CA POC. At one time there was a "Golden State POC regional club but I'm not sure why it is no more. I'm guessing a combination of factors may be the reason, like the size of our state. When I would get the National POC bi-monthly magazine, I'd read regional club reports from other states but never from California. What makes me excited about this effort is that folks a lot younger than me who have a love of Plymouths are wanting to make this happen.

Tony

I wish I was closer. I’m in Fresno area. We have a fantastic MOPAR BBQ just East if Lodi, the first weekend of April. You might want to form a caravan and take a look at what we have. Each year 49-60 cars and trucks. 

paul

Along with Tod and a few others we got the "original" GSR started.  As Tod mentioned their may be many reasons it stalled out but something to think about: one the charter of POC is bone stock. Most of us end up doing mods along the way.   Second, it always falls to a couple "sparkpugs" to keep things going.  They burn out when others don't step up and take over the next phase in leadership.  Figure those out and it may have sustainability!   Good luck and if the site can help let me know.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

Along with Tod and a few others we got the "original" GSR started.  As Tod mentioned their may be many reasons it stalled out but something to think about: one the charter of POC is bone stock. Most of us end up doing mods along the way.   Second, it always falls to a couple "sparkpugs" to keep things going.  They burn out when other don't step up and take over the next phase in leadership.  Figure those out and it may have sustainability!   Good luck and it the site can help let me know.   

I hope this time around is easier than the last. We may be able to learn from past struggles and any and all advice will be appreciated.

A few things that have definitely changed are:

POC now allows “modified cars”, and boy do we have ‘em.

ok, so only 3 out of four of us have modified cars.
California has always been a hot bed for car culture/hot rodding/Lowriders and some of us express ourselves through our cars.

Bone Stock Plymouths are definitely still encouraged and accepted.

also, we are technically the Southern California region, but we are accepting members all up and down the state.

we have been cleared to establish sub regions such as Northern California, central California and San Diego as membership increases and interest grows.

we all understand that travel from northern to southern extremes will prove difficult.

We have decided that, for now, anyone outside of 30 miles will be able to meet by teleconference or be briefed by the secretary (Tony Garcia “Tones52”) if they cannot attend monthly meetings.

once there are enough members in their area, we will discuss the establishment of a sub region.

We are all hoping that some of these changes will help us grown and maintain  California’s representation in the Plymouth Owner’s Club.

-Phillip Alcala

President: Plymouth Owner’s Club Southern California.

Edited by belvedere666
Spelling errors
  • Like 2