1937 Chrysler Build Tags

J. Roorda

Folks i am restoring a 1937 Chrysler . I want to install correct build tags but cannot find a good reference to help me make new tags (pictures also attached).  

Here are my questions:

• For IMG 3764, this tag represents a build tag for another car. Does anyone have details on the meaning of the various code so i can fill in the data on a new tag for my car?
  • For IMG 3769, I cannot make out the Trim Code as the stamping was poorly done; does anyone know what this says and what does it mean?
  • For IMG 3765, I can make out most of the information but the very top line is damaged by age – any ideas what this says?

Thank you in advance

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

This is rich Hartung with a 39 Desoto. I have a similar tag on my 39 Desoto.

If you look on Ebay for paint chips for your car you will find next to each paint chip there are numbers. These numbers refer to the specific body color for your car.

the 566 refers to the type of material that was used on the interior. If you lookin your parts manual in section 23 arounf section 23-AQ you will see some number and this will list if ther interior is a pile cloth or bedord cloth and or leather interior.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com