49 chrysler royal sedan question

Jeff I indu

Since you are asking the part number question we can all assume that you do not have a parts book for your car. My answer would be to first purchase a copy of the 1949 Chrysler Royal Parts book.  You will need this is you are planning to restore your car and to also look for parts on ebay and other vendors parts listing.  I am not trying to supply you with a smart ass reply but this is one of the basic catalogs and also the service manual for your car.

You also might want to check restoration supply in Windber pa, they carry a lot of clips and rubber molding for antique cars and trucks.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Rich,

I have only had the car for a few weeks.i purchased a repair manual from faxon and am still waiting for it to be delivered. Trying to get as much done as I can before it gets too cold. Yes, I will purchase a parts book also but since the car came with a new rocker sill moulding I just want to attach it to get one more item completed. Just got done with a complete brake job, wheel cylinders master cylinder, wheel and axle seals etc. Thanks for your response

20191023_143202.jpg

Beautiful car!

The original rocker mouldings clip # is..1256010....the car uses 12 of them.

BTW The 1949 Chrysler parts book is a one year only. Chrysler only..not Dodge Ply etc. Some what hard to find an original print book.