Steering wheel column color plus rest

Thomba48

Just interested. Is there a standard paint color that was used for the steering column plus other parts around the steering?

I am pretty shure that my previous P15 had the same brown paint as the one in place in my P18. 

Does anybody know the pain number? 

Thanks

IMG_20190315_165230.jpg

On my 39 Plymouth painted the steering column, emergency brake etc. several years ago, unfortunately the paint didn't hold up especially on steering column.  Went on Prismatic Powder's web site and got several color chips from them.  The Bend Brown PSB-5986 was a near perfect match for some untouched pieced that had never been painted.  Purchased 5 pound of powder, which turned out to be too much.  This summer took the steering column sleeve, gear shift, emergency brake handle  and mirror off of the car and removed the paint.  A local shop charged me to spray and bake, which was very reasonable.  Pieces came out great and is more durable than paint, however took some effort getting them ready to paint.  Check out their web site.

Richard

• Like 1