Assistance ID-ing DPCD Transmission

keithb7

Hi kind folks. I acquired the following transmission in a group of old  Mopar parts I purchased. Main housing is marked with casting 1408517-9. Rear housing marked with casting 138238-1. 

Front mounting flange of tranny has the following stamped on a flat surface. Looks like punch was used. Reads “5   6  53   KE”. 

I have reason to believe it may have come out of a 1953 Plymouth Belvedere.  Does that seem likely?  Manual tranny. 3 speed I assume? 

Additionally what other years and models of Mopar‘s might this bolt into with few complications. I was thinking of keeping it as a spare for my 1938 Plymouth. It has a ‘54 engine with original 3 speed manual already in it. 

If it is unlikely to fit in my ‘38 May move it on to another owner in need. Thought I’d ask here before donning coveralls and getting under my ‘38. Today my garage is tore up for new shelving and organization. Need more efficient use of space! Thx. Keith. 

1E6FE684-9AB0-483B-B778-29AA24FA353D.jpeg

typical 49 to 56 Plymouth....   will fit 40 to 56   The speedometer drive moved to the left hand side in 49

Edited by dpollo
correction
  • Like 1