51 230 flathead distributor internals

Dan Heston

Hello everyone.  I made a huge mistake and pulled the guts out of my distributor without taking pictures where the wires went to.  I thought I would remember but obviously that didnt happen.  I have the new points added but can't finish.

I'm hoping someone could pull their cap off and take some up close photos of the guts and wires.  The pics I have found online don't help me much.  Thank you so much for any help you can offer.  -Dan

I was able to use the diagrams and photos to figure out the placement of the two wires (not including the condenser wire) in my distributor.  I was getting a spark from the end of my spark plug wires and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fire.  My distributor wasnt pulled out so I knew the shaft was still in alignment.  I tested the .020 gap and found that it had moved on me.  Remember to lock down the screw after the adjustment screw is turned.  She fired right up.  Gapping sure is important, that's the lesson of the day.