Carb for 38 Desoto 25" L6 What works well?

Dodgefran

I just can't come up with a viable word combination for searching.  I'm interested in finding out what carbs will work well on my 1938 Desoto 25" L6 .   I've been reading about the Stromberg “97”and Holley “94” but can't find info on carter, etc.  Will a two barrel do the job?  Or should I stick with athe one barrel?  I'll be using the truck for a daily driver on the highway.  The engine is being completely rebuilt., and I'll have a 93 Dakota 3.55 rear end on it.    Thank you

I have the original Stromberg running on my '38 Dodge sedan, Canadian long block with 3.23 gears. It has been the best set up on any of my Mopars. Always starts right up in any type of conditions, I've had the car 4 or 5 years and never even taken the carb apart. I have an Edmund's dual intake and a couple of Carters still siting in a box to put on the car, but the Stromberg runs perfect through the whole power band.

The Stromberg has a smaller intake mount than the later Carter set up so you might have to watch as to what will fit the Desoto intake.