Newport wiper question

Thomba48

Hi just wanting to check on the Newport Wiper motor matter. Does anybody know if I can use this set up in combination with my stock radio in my 1949 Plymouth fitwise? I received conflicting messages from Newport. Very weird. 

And also has anybody managed to replace the ugly switch with the Plymouth original one? 

Thanks 

Back about 10 years ago Newport Co. stated that original radio would Not fit with their wipers.

I never tried it myself as I did not to use the original radio anyway> I just used a factory radio delete plate then drilled and cut it to fit a modern radio with a then modern CD player!

As to the Newport switch I bought the optional variable speed switch and installed in the top of the dash factory location . If I remember correctly I had to drill out the hole larger to match the switch? and then drill and tap a setscrew in side of the factory knob to hold it tight on the switch.

Or use this style if you have not already bought the Newport setup. I see no problem with stock radio use with this type of wiper setup.

http://www.specialtypowerwindows.com/products.php?c=2

DJ

I don't know if this will help but I have used a British cable operated wiper setup in the Dodge for 35yrs or so..........these have a bracket that can be mount as per original in the UK cars to give a "wave your hands" wipers or by mount one bracket upside down a "clap your hands" wipers like my Dodge has..........in theory the wiper motor can be mounted anywhere .....mines on the Oz passenger side of the cowl between the cowl and glove box and hasn't given any trouble...........although I recently bought a nice set of Newport brand wiper arms  but thats it.........andyd

Wscreen 6.jpg