Power Wagon vs. B2B Bed Dimensions

David A.

My B2B high side bed sides are pretty rough. I saw Vintage Power Wagons sells reproduction sides for the Power Wagon that look very close to the B2B. 

They are 8 foot beds, so I know I would have to shorten both ends, remove the center stake pocket, and weld in a flat piece of sheet metal to replace the recessed area where the fenders mount. 

It’s a lot of work, but I still may come out ahead rather than trying to repair my bent and stretched out bed sides. 

I have two concerns however;

1. Is the bed height the same between the Power Wagon and Civilian beds?

2. Is the fender radius the same between the two beds?

If the height or fender radius is different, that would pretty much rule out trying to make the Power Wagon bed sides work. 

Can anyone enlighten me on whether the sides are different in those two areas?

Thanks for the help!

51 minutes ago, David A. said:

My B2B high side bed sides are pretty rough. I saw Vintage Power Wagons sells reproduction sides for the Power Wagon that look very close to the B2B. 

They are 8 foot beds, so I know I would have to shorten both ends, remove the center stake pocket, and weld in a flat piece of sheet metal to replace the recessed area where the fenders mount. 

It’s a lot of work, but I still may come out ahead rather than trying to repair my bent and stretched out bed sides. 

I have two concerns however;

1. Is the bed height the same between the Power Wagon and Civilian beds?

2. Is the fender radius the same between the two beds?

If the height or fender radius is different, that would pretty much rule out trying to make the Power Wagon bed sides work. 

Can anyone enlighten me on whether the sides are different in those two areas?

Thanks for the help!

You can always give VPW a call.  They actually likely know the answer, or at a minimum give you dims of their parts for you to compare your bed sides to.

I actually did call VPW. He thought the sides might be taller than the Civilian trucks, but he may have been thinking about the short side boxes. He wasn’t sure about the fender radius. He suggested asking on some forums to see what info I could come up with. This is the only forum I’m familiar with, so I was just hoping to get some first hand info. I’d sure hate to lay out a bunch of money only to find they won’t work!

Thanks for the suggestion. 

David

Thank you for taking the time to post all that information, there are a lot of dimensions there, but I didn’t see any dimensions listed for the rear fenders. 

Thanks again,

David

That last drawing has the measurement I need for the rear fender radius; however, when I enlarge it,  it’s too fuzzy to make out the dimension. Could you please tell me what it lists as the dimension for the back fender radius. 

Thank You for all the info. That dimension will really help me out. 

Thanks,

David

Thank you! That should tell me if the fender radius is the same by comparing it with my B2B. 

I did check with Horkey’s and Mar-K, but didn’t have any luck. 

Thanks again to everyone for all the help and suggestions. 

David

Verifying in the parts manual, Power Wagon bed sides have part numbers that are slightly different than B-series Express models, so they probably look the same at a glance but that fender area will be different...

Power Wagon tailgates have the same part number as 3/4- and 1-ton Express models :cool:

Ok thanks for looking that up for me. I guess I’m probably stuck with trying to get the bow out of my side panels. Been working on this truck for 12 years and I’m really ready to get it finished!!! The bed sides are the only thing holding me up.