exhaust

JSabah

Any recommendations of someone to make a new exhaust system for my woodie?  I have a duel exhaust manifold so off the shelf wont work.... Los Angeles/Reseda area.  I think Im going with 2 pipes to a single muffler (maybe 2 in/1 out... but I don't know the sizes.  Not a rod (I have other cars that will wake the neighbors if need be) , just a nice driver.

• Like 1

Any good quality muffler and exhaust shop should beable to make you and exhaust and tail pipe system.  Would go with stainless steel but you could also go with aluminum to save some money also ask about a quality muffler system so as to be quiet for your neighbors sake.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

I'd go with a 2 in/2 out close coupled all the way thru to the rear, shouldn't have any clearance issues and its just enough to make people wonder whats going on.........if you want to ship the car to Grafton here in Oz theres a good exhaust guy here but.......nah.........maybe not............lol...........regards, andyd

A few years ago, I bought one of these pipe benders, and a few stick of exhaust pipe.    Bent my own exhaust system, painted with high heat paint.   No muffler.

Still looks and sounds good 10 years later.     Not too loud for short trips, cruise ins, etc.,,, only 80 HP....  

exhaust bender.jpg

Luna's in Van Nuys or Reseda Muffler and Brake are a couple old school style shops near you.  How to set it up is tough to say since what sounds nice is really subjective, but it seems like most people I meet prefer the glass pack "cackle-y" sound on flatties.  I like your idea of 2 in 1 out and that's what I would probably run; 2" dual in with a 2 1/4 single tailpipe to try and get a little deeper tone.  I am thinking a Magnaflow 11148 muffler since you get a glasspack type interior with a compact turbo muffler package, two 2" on one end and single centered 2.25 on the other.  Muffler shop should be able to plumb that in without much effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1