Important seasonal reminder for folks north of Pennsylvania Just

greg g

Before you plug in your block heater for the first time, check to ensure if its a 6V or 12V type. 

Swap out the air in your tires with helium. Its lighter than air. You’ll float on the snow and not get stuck. 

For quick engine warm up time and cab heat, drain about half of your crankcase oil. Refill and top it up with -40 rated window washer fluid. As an added bonus it’ll flush out the bugs that got in there last summer. 

When I was checking my brake shoe and socks, I noticed my tires were so bald I could see the air inside.  It was winter air from last winter  since I never changed over to summer air when I should have.  So I have brake socks and winter air..... all good.       

all joking aside and I like the fun everyone is having with this topic.

But remember to test your antifreeze in your car and make sure that the water mixture is not looking like chocolate milk.

If this is happening then the anti rusting agents have gone away.

Also since we all have cast iron block I put an 11 oz bottle of antirusting agent liquid made by Prestone in my car each fall to help keep the anti rusting agents up to par and it also helps to lubricate the water pump.

Also fill up the gas tank on your last run for the year.  I also put Stable 360 into my tank to help stop any rusting of the metal tank.

Add air to your tires and add about 5-10 Lbs more air to help keep the tires inflated for over the winter months.

Also to help prevent flat spots on the old bias ply tires put a piece of old rug under each wheel. This wil lprevent the flat spot next spring.

Either remove the battery or get a small tricke charge on the unit to keep it fully charged. This also extends the life of our 6 volt batteries.

Put in some mothballs, and I willget the comment how do we get the balls off of the moths, or some ceader chips in your car.

remove any food or left over items that might bring any critters to the car.

Clean the tires prior to stoage.

If you keep the battery in the car then every couple of weeks start the car and let it come up to full temperature.

Pump the brake pedal several times everytime when you start the car over the winter to make sure that wheel cylinders are working and they are not leaking

Keep the cover over the body to protect the paint.

Any other suggestions can be added to this topic.

Have a safe winter and hopefuly the car will be ready in the spring.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

11 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

On the front, right?

yes excately on a Plymouth but not on a Dodge,  lol

early snow fall this morming,  just before winter storage this week-end,,  the snow will be all gone by then,  if not I will use a trailer to bring it to the garage.

first snow.jpg