Carburetor Questions

I ran my B3B flathead on a test stand and noticed some liquid gas dripping out of the main discharge nozzle holes at the carburetor venturi (a drop or two every few seconds). The drops would then fall down toward the throttle. Is this normal or should gasoline be completely atomized as it comes out of the nozzle holes? The reason I ask this question is because my  spark plugs got carboned up after only a short time running the engine (an hour or so). Could the drops of un-atomized gas be causing a too-rich mixture? Or is it more likely I just need to adjust the idle mixture? Or could there be another reason for the carbon buildup on the spark plugs

20191105_085013_resized.jpg.889ac12135fa575d06f64dd07a64f4e8.jpg  20191105_085021_resized.jpg.7f12e22babeede023bbffb476d2de537.jpg

20191101_174041_resized.jpg.cde1936d153b645c7b5dca363296b880.jpg  

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B

I think I'm making progress. Checked the float level. Sure enough, the float was set too high. The float was over the top of the bowl so I adjusted it to the correct 5/64 in. below the top. I'm going to disassemble and clean the whole carb even though this was a rebuilt unit I bought online. One would think that "rebuilt" means cleaned, ADJUSTED, worn parts replaced, and reassembled correctly. Lesson learned AGAIN. Don't trust anybody but yourself to do things right! Check everything.

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B

1 hour ago, Jocko_51_B3B said:

I think I'm making progress. Checked the float level. Sure enough, the float was set too high. The float was over the top of the bowl so I adjusted it to the correct 5/64 in. below the top. I'm going to disassemble and clean the whole carb even though this was a rebuilt unit I bought online. One would think that "rebuilt" means cleaned, ADJUSTED, worn parts replaced, and reassembled correctly. Lesson learned AGAIN. Don't trust anybody but yourself to do things right! Check everything.

where did you buy this "rebuilt" unit