My New Ride

ratfinkxxx

Brought it home today. Got the builder's name from the title. Located him via the interweb and gave him a call. Big surprise for both of us. He had purchased the truck as a partially complete project and  got it to running and driving shape. Then he sold it to the man I bought it from who did nothing with it for 3 years.

I learned that the donor car was a 74 Buick Skylark ( apologies to Frank The Elder}. Front clip with p/s and p/b. 350/auto trans. Tilt column, rear trailing arm suspension and gas tank. Not my choice for a donor but it is what it is. The work is well done and the truck runs well.

Some minor issues from sitting, Brakes drag and a vibration around 60 mph.

I will address these issues and put a decent seat in it. And drive the snot out of it as I make it mine.1954857067_56Dodge.jpg.2f788c05d20a5136b8cc5c0098be3091.jpg

56 Dodge 6.jpg

56 Dodge 7.jpg

56 Dodge 8.jpg

56 Dodge 9.jpg

56 Dodge 10.jpg

56 Dodge 11.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

that looks like a fun truck, I dig the way the side pipes tuck up to the running boards.  Concur on the seat, it looks terrible but should be an easy fix.  There's no vintage Hemi under the hood,  but at least the Buford engine doesn't have the distributor in the wrong place like a SBC.  Jeep sourced Buick V6 and V8 engines for several models back in the 60s and 70s so I guess that gives you some distant Mopar family connection street creds!

Congrats, nice ride.

The Buick 350/350 is a fair combo but be aware engine speed parts are very limited and expensive. The Buick 350 trans is different from Chev. has many hard to find parts and expensive also.

That year of Buick suspension is an A body and uses all the same updated or stock parts as all GM branded a body vehicles- very available and reasonable.

Drive it until it breaks and then?? ?

DJ

Thanks everyone. It's been sitting for a few years and the brakes are pulling and dragging. That's job one. Then adjust the carb, it's way rich now. Hunting a seat, may have found one from a 67-72 Ford truck if it will fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you dont like the seats. I happened to have a pair and set them in my 49. I find them quite comfortable. I did build an entire new base and plan on connecting the heaters, mostly for my wife, she likes heated seats on cool days. And i like the drivers seat that power raise/lower.

the original was just too ratty to deal with. 

do like the stance, engine looks great in there.