1928 dodge sedan

Todd B

Todd,  I suspect there is not a lot of people here that are great resources for 1928 DB cars. I suggest you try the following to spread your questions out to a wider audience:

1. Join Facebook and join the Dodge Brothers group. There are 2 groups. One is the official DB Club group, the other is a group of DB cars owners. Post your wanted items there.

If you are anti-FB, I get it. But 30 billion people seem to have latched on to it and they are all there. You are missing out on very good resources for this old car.

2. Sign Up at the AACA forum. Go to the Chrysler products section. Then, the Dodge Brothers group. Post your inquiries there too. All the same questions you posted here. Here is a link to the site: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/38-dodge-dodge-brothers/

That radiator cap is a visual thermometer for the driver. I believe it is aftermarket. You can buy brand new ones. Seek out "Boyce Motormeter". See attached pic.

If you look under the dash, below the speedometer you'll see a dial. Reset-able trip meter. Perhaps yours is broken. See pic attached.

Regarding the wiring harness, try calling a few places. Google search will turn up some results. Not cheap! You can do a ton yourself and save $$$ . Unless your are going for bone stock, concourse restoration.  See here:  https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/home/wire-harness-catalogs/1917-1974-antique-classic-foreign-domestic-wire-harnesses/dodge-passenger-car-wiring-harnesses/

Otherwise if you are inclined, it's not hard to make the electrical harness and connections yourself. The electrical system on that 28 is very simple.

Did you get the files I share with you all related to the 1928 DB? There may be some suggestions in there about obtaining replacement wiring harnesses.

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

Edited by keithb7

I can’t thank you enough!  I am pretty bullheaded about Facebook but I think it’s time to get over it. I am the only one in my family that refuses to use Facebook.   

THANK YOU AGAIN. 

Todd B. 

• Like 1

I agree Todd, I think I am the only family member not on FB also....I do however recognize that their marketplace is the go-to today....people are pretty much disgusted with the  large portion of deadbeat craigslisters and my other local go-to is becoming less active with ads and more active with total flakes.  I will often use the wife's account and search for few car parts now and then.  I guess I may  not fully understand the FB atmosphere but I do not want a large footprint in this social network.  

Even though I've been active online since the early days of the web (Compuserve!) I resisted the swamp that is FaceBook. However......I recently created a FaceBook account so I could access Marketplace and a few enthusiast groups.

But I disabled ALL social media options in my account (friending, public listing, tracking, etc) so I am able to pretty much use FaceBook in a stealthy manner without any interaction with anyone else. I consider it another option for accessing places I want to see without intrusion from anything I don't want to see. So far my hermit-style account has been hassle-free.

Edited by Sam Buchanan

I avoid facebook like the plague, or maybe coronavirus. It is a pain in the butt as once you are on you seem to get all kinds of messages from people you don't know. I ended up deleting my account after two weeks. 

I have used YnZ three separate times and been more than pleased with each harness. Yes, expensive, but for me was the quick and easy way to go as I am not electrically inclined and do not have the inclination to build my own harness.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

I avoid facebook like the plague, or maybe coronavirus. It is a pain in the butt as once you are on you seem to get all kinds of messages from people you don't know. I ended up deleting my account after two weeks. 

You won't get messages from anyone if you turn off all social media options and notifications in your Facebook profile. But it takes a little digging and some 'puter savvy to find all the right switches.   

My big concern with facebook was being tracked or personal info being saved ... somehow it was intrusive in my life blah  blah  blah.

And it is all true.

Same time, do you have a cell phone? Same story you are already able to be tracked. Do you use google? Yup there ya go

Do you order from Amazon? They hold the contract with the CIA to supply the data storage for all this electronic information.

Only point is, facebook is just a tiny corner of the entire spider web.

I once thought that I would not use facebook for these reasons, Now I feel like the boat is already sitting on the bottom of the lake, is way to late to try to bail water out now.

May as well  use it ... your tax dollars did help build it. Just keep a open mind about what it is, and use what you want while not sharing what you do not want.

Yes I am labeled as a conspiracy theorist and I wear the hat with pride. :D

13 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

My big concern with facebook was being tracked or personal info being saved ... somehow it was intrusive in my life blah  blah  blah.

And it is all true.

Same time, do you have a cell phone? Same story you are already able to be tracked. Do you use google? Yup there ya go

Do you order from Amazon? They hold the contract with the CIA to supply the data storage for all this electronic information.

Only point is, facebook is just a tiny corner of the entire spider web.

I once thought that I would not use facebook for these reasons, Now I feel like the boat is already sitting on the bottom of the lake, is way to late to try to bail water out now.

May as well  use it ... your tax dollars did help build it. Just keep a open mind about what it is, and use what you want while not sharing what you do not want.

Yes I am labeled as a conspiracy theorist and I wear the hat with pride. :D

This was always my understanding also...and I wear the same hat....I just read a bit of their policy.....

https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation

17 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

. . . May as well  use it ... your tax dollars did help build it. . . .

Not a good argument.

Our tax dollars built the ballistic missile system. Let's not use it.

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

This was always my understanding also...and I wear the same hat....I just read a bit of their policy.....

As the saying goes - "The devil is in the details" ?

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

My hat is made out of tinfoil.......   ?

(Two layers of tinfoil with a liberal slathering of guacamole between them really works well!) 

Edited by Sam Buchanan

I am trying to get my rear wheels off. Took the outer cap off and the cotter pin with the lock nut. I wiggled and wiggled it doesn’t come and I have no idea how to put a puller on something like this. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

26 minutes ago, Todd B said:

I am trying to get my rear wheels off. Took the outer cap off and the cotter pin with the lock nut. I wiggled and wiggled it doesn’t come and I have no idea how to put a puller on something like this. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

there is a similar situation on the AACA forum addressing this......hope this will help you

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/121596-removing-1927-dodge-rear-wheels/

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

there is a similar situation on the AACA forum addressing this......hope this will help you

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/121596-removing-1927-dodge-rear-wheels/

Thank you very much. Thank all of you, I went to this website and joined and have my questions out there. Thanks again

3 hours ago, Todd B said:

Make sure you have the brake shoes adjusted all the way in toward the hub.

1 hour ago, Sam Buchanan said:

Make sure you have the brake shoes adjusted all the way in toward the hub.

Have a local engineer make up a puller like this that matches the threads on your hub. Pops off easily with it.

IMAG3242.jpg.3ce39e0ce6aa4e0a1edf47654e942881.jpgIMAG3243.jpg.f22b8682c515a50f763b214d29f0e2c0.jpg

• Like 1

So,  

I found under the seat this nut/ gadget and I took the castle nut off and put on the nut/ gadget.  Jacked up the opposite side and hit the nut once with a 8# maul and it popped right off.  

Thanks for all the encouragement. 

7CCB7A72-276A-4DFC-8811-979FA13E6600.jpeg