Exhaust Valve Spring on Intake Valve?

You can have the same length in a spring but the spring constant, k, can be different.  Length is only ONE of the 3 factors in defining a spring.

• Thanks 1

Just a couple pics of std and sodium exh. valve rotator springs on  DT Moly block series engine.....

Springs 413 Cali Comparison notes (3).JPG

Springs 413 Cali Comparison notes (8).JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Just a couple pics of std and sodium exh. valve rotator springs on  DT Moly block series engine.....

Springs 413 Cali Comparison notes (3).JPG

Springs 413 Cali Comparison notes (8).JPG

Great info!  Seeing what a rotator looks like, I can say confidently that there were no rotators on any of the valves (intake or exhaust) when I disassembled my engines.

Well, I ended up buying a set of springs from Andy Bernbaum this afternoon - just ordered straight off their website.  I'm guessing they are NOS, but as long as they were preserved properly, they'll be fine.  They were $4.00 each.  I had thought Summit's price was $3.99, as I posted earlier, but I must have been looking my screen cross-eyed, because when I went back to the Summit website later, I realized they are actually $5.99 each.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

Matt