Weight for the big boys?

Haydenh

Hello folks,

I don't have access to a scale or anything of the sort at the moment as my truck is not drivable on the road yet until I can get the brakes worked on to get an official weight. I was wondering if any of you with B-1-J or similar trucks can "weigh in" on the matter and provide weights for your trucks? I need to buy a jack and some jack stands to work on the wheels and axles but I don't want to undersize anything for safety. I searched the regular forum and couldn't find anything for the heavy trucks, just the 1 ton and lighter rated trucks. Thank you in advance.

P.S. This might be a nice spot anyways to post weights for various models of the bigger trucks in case others need to trailer their big trucks home and whatnot, just a thought.

Big congrats Haydenh! The bed is gonna make a difference on weight for sure. 
I haven’t weighed anything yet but have plenty of guesstimates. ?
When I worked on my “HH” brakes i used a 12ton bottle jack (to lift) AND a 3ton floor jack (to stabilize) one corner at a time. I put both jacks on slab of 1/2 plate metal (because I was on dirt instead of concrete) 

last year I tried to load up the HH and tow it to CA for the BBQ but, I couldn’t balance the load with the bed it has... 

On 10/24/2019 at 11:23 PM, Brent B3B said:

Big congrats Haydenh! The bed is gonna make a difference on weight for sure. 
I haven’t weighed anything yet but have plenty of guesstimates. ?
When I worked on my “HH” brakes i used a 12ton bottle jack (to lift) AND a 3ton floor jack (to stabilize) one corner at a time. I put both jacks on slab of 1/2 plate metal (because I was on dirt instead of concrete) 

last year I tried to load up the HH and tow it to CA for the BBQ but, I couldn’t balance the load with the bed it has... 

Yeah, i know that bed on mine is probably just as heavy if not a bit heavier than my cab and engine (Well almost haha). I should have backed the truck on the trailer to balance it a bit better but it worked fine driving on for the 900 mile trip home. If you had to guesstimate your HH weight what do you think it'd be? I'm just trying to ballpark mine.

I need to try the plate metal thing since my truck is just on the dirt as well! Thats really a great idea I can't believe I haven't thought of that before!

I would guesstimate around 9k for my HH-152 with the 12’ bed it has. (All steel)

CCB7CE44-DD19-4CF3-876C-08B07FA8C6E9.jpeg.862e25b4af77e27c87efae09b947418e.jpeg

This was the load for CA that didn’t happen.... 14k trailer, 20’ long.... not enough tongue weight for sure.... should have flipped it backwards but, It didn’t work out.

i looked at a B4JA -172 last weekend and I would have guessed it to also be around the 9k mark. (It had less of a bed, bigger ( and longer) frame, little bigger drums etc.)

At the first of the year, i towed my B4GA from Seattle to Portland....I would have guess it without a bed out a bed to be in the 7k range

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use