Windows are in and door panels too!

tanda62

Got new glass from DCM along with new runners and installed them today.  Putting on the runners was not as bad as I thought it might be, hammers near glass gives one pause even if they are rubber. A little Dawn on the window tape and the runners hammered on pretty as you please.

I also put on the door panels with arm rests and am pleased the locks work from the inside and the key works on the passenger side.  Once I get my bed installed, taillights and running boards it will be time to drive and have fun!  The end of an almost three year frame up build is getting close.

door window before assembly.gif

Door window after assembly.gif

door inside driver.gif

door inside passenger.gif

• Like 4

Oh oh. .... ..

This truck apparently had vent windows at some point but someone took them out and bent the mounts out of the way.  Work with what you got right?

I thought it a strange place for the arm rests as well but that is where the mounting holes are in the door so that is where they are.  This 53 B4C has had several things people have commented on as odd but in this case the mounting holes sure look stock and there is no other option.  Maybe a unique arm rest location for this year and model.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JBNeal said:

Not to nitpick but how come them arm rests are so low and centered horizontally on the panel...typically armrests are located towards the rear of the cab, centered vertically...

That ain't nick picking, that's just your true love showing for these old trucks....awesome that you notice something as simple as that. :)

48D   

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tanda62 said:

This truck apparently had vent windows at some point but someone took them out and bent the mounts out of the way.  Work with what you got right?

I thought it a strange place for the arm rests as well but that is where the mounting holes are in the door so that is where they are.  This 53 B4C has had several things people have commented on as odd but in this case the mounting holes sure look stock and there is no other option.  Maybe a unique arm rest location for this year and model.

Perfect answer.

48D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1