First Start-Up Attempt in Seven Years

Bingster

The mechanic that I bought my '47 Desoto from seven years ago came over today and he got the engine to the point of turning over without plugs.  Numbers five and six cylinders worked but the others didn't, and he said the valves were probably stuck. We shot some more PB80 into the cylinders and are letting it set and try again later.

Even though we didn't get it running at least the engine turned over.  And I had done quite a bit of work on the engine accessories the past year getting it ready.   Some wiring. The starter that was such a bitch to remove and replace worked.  My cheap $59.99 Fleet Farm 6v battery worked. All in all I'm pretty jazzed.  I just hope we can un-stick the valves.  My friend works at a classic car museum as a buyer. They have a complete shop there where they restore the cars they bring in. He goes out and buys cars if they check out.

I've been on this board for all of those seven years and I want to thank everybody for their patience in getting me this far.  I haven't always been a model member but all families have their ups and downs.

Will keep you posted.

• Like 2