50 years iron yard

pflaming

Just got off the phone with the 71 year old owner of this 28 acre, 50 year old,  iron swap yard. He has a 25” chrysler engine. I’m going to load all my excess metal and swap him for the engine. It’s a short 100 mile drive. Will do a quick tune up on Phoenix and have some fun. He is 15 miles south of Kettleman City on Hwy 33 just west of Lost Hills, Ca. if you want to google it.

Will file a report later. 

38352908-161A-4F60-95AF-4035E434C882.jpeg

• Like 2

Good luck saving the big block six, Paul.

Me & my Granpa did the same some 40+yrs back - He was collecting scrap iron for charity using his big rig.

One day he called me & my dad saying he picked a ford model a four banger with a big lot of scrap.

We gathered same amount of scrap and "traded in" for the ford engine.

Edited by Uncle-Pekka

Uncle. . . I don’t need the engine, but it is a 25” Chrysler so will do. It may be frozen but the block and head Are the pieces  to save. I’m going to visit the Lost Hills oil fields while I’m there. Should be interesting. 

82B05A80-9FA0-4DE1-866D-01E78F75B99C.jpeg