79 is not 75

Los_Control

Careful out driving in Texas today, police all over the interstates.

I was shocked that I was pulled over, first time in years. Same time I was heading south, The sheriff was heading north. He turned on his lights and came barreling across the median and chased me down.

He asked me if I knew how fast I was going ... Yes sir, think it was 79mph .... Thats right, you were doing 79 and thats not 75 .... yes sir I replied.

I really was kinda shocked the way he jumped the medium and came after me for 4 mph over.

Oh well, just gave me a warning and sent me on my way .... Now if only I was driving a B1B, speeding would not be a issue .... sigh! ?

4 under might be another warning,  Ha ha?

IMO there should never be any local city or county officers patrolling or baiting by speed trap on any interstate system as these are federal roads and patrolled by the state......further it is usually not the duties of the sheriff's office to enforce speed limits.  Lord knows they have enough on them attending domestic issues.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

4 under might be another warning,  Ha ha?

5 miles down the road I may have been doing 4 mph under ...I just hate using the cruise control, I figure I have more control for defensive driving without it, and I vary a bit up and down.

I figure 3-4 mph is a safe space .... boy was I wrong  :P

My guess is he was looking for something else that may have been worth the stop. I’ve had my fair share of warnings and I’m very thankful for that. I have nothing but respect for the law enforcement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Los_Control said:

...I just hate using the cruise control, 

Cruise control bugs me, too.  I hate going "XX", +/- 0.001 MPH.  It is an unnatural feeling.  Plus, I don't care what "they" say, it uses more fuel.

I like using the throttle to lose 3-4 MPH going up a slight grade and gaining 3-4 MPH going down the other side.  

On 10/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

IMO there should never be any local city or county officers patrolling or baiting by speed trap on any interstate system as these are federal roads and patrolled by the state......further it is usually not the duties of the sheriff's office to enforce speed limits.  Lord knows they have enough on them attending domestic issues.

Lots of small towns need the revenue.. Oh, wait, what am I saying.. They merely want to make sure the highways are safe from inattentive drivers...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1