Move front seat back?

edrendek7777

Does anyone know if the front seat can be moved back several inches in a 1950 Plymouth 2 door?  Is it as simple as removing the front seat and just relocating the brackets that hold the seat to the floorpan?  Just wondering if there are any repercussions for doing this that anyone knows of. There is plenty of leg room between the back of the front seat and the back seat, and there is not much leg room in the front. I am not huge by any means, about 6'0" 210 lbs and I feel like a monster driving my new car. Thanks in advance. 

Not really what you asked, I have done this recently on a ford shoe box.

While I had the seat out, I lubricated the tracks really well and worked them back and forth.

This gave the seat a few more inches of travel, just been years since it had been moved that much.

I still did relocate it, but when finished, the few inches I was able to move it was worthless. Just lubricating and working the tracks is all that was really needed for this job.

Something you might try, and with the seat out, you can judge how far you could move it if needed.

my four door 50 has two sets of set mounting holes, and there's a sliding mechanism in the seat frame that allows quite a few inches of adjustment. there should be a handle on the driver side that you move to engage the slider. you can check under the seat to see if it's all connected correctly.