Parts requests

Fiddy B2C

Sorry, I think I just got my hand slapped. I haven’t been on in a while and I asked in a post where I could find a part and apparently a moderator erased it from the post.  I didn’t realize this was taboo?  If we can’t ask assistance in locating a part on this site...where can I go to ask for assistance in finding parts?  This site has always been such a great resource for things like this, I guess no longer?  Is asking for assistance in locating a part taboo, or just asking if anyone has one?  Please clarify.

On the truck main page, the posting rules are simple with critical rules in red letters...maybe a parts request in the classified section can be coupled with a post in a truck forum build thread of "hey I need a left handed widget, please refer to classified ad for details"...

this keeps ppl's wheeling and dealing off of the main forum that is sorta focused on technical information exchanges :cool:

4 minutes ago, JBNeal said:

On the truck main page, the posting rules are simple with critical rules in red letters...maybe a parts request in the classified section can be coupled with a post in a truck forum build thread of "hey I need a left handed widget, please refer to classified ad for details"...

this keeps ppl's wheeling and dealing off of the main forum that is sorta focused on technical information exchanges :cool:

Got it, makes sense, Thanks.

Fiddy B2C yea right, I tried to post to classifieds - took my concussed brain weeks to figure it out, ask for help - felt like I was imposing - instructions were written in a different culture than I under stand  - raised more questions than I felt comfortable asking - gave up Charlie Stephenson

5 minutes ago, Charlie Stephenson said:

Fiddy B2C yea right, I tried to post to classifieds - took my concussed brain weeks to figure it out, ask for help - felt like I was imposing - instructions were written in a different culture than I under stand  - raised more questions than I felt comfortable asking - gave up Charlie Stephenson

The Classified section used to be pretty good.  They had posts from guys who had laundry lists of great parts that you cannot find anywhere else,  I looked in that section tonight and there is nothing there...shame.  I rely a lot on the guys out West for parts because most of the old B series trucks in Florida are nothing but rust buckets, or they are in the same boat as me...looking anywhere for those rare and strange parts...

• Like 1

I believe the problem that prompted the current classified ad system was that ads for items sold would stay up unless a moderator removed them; the current system is automated to delete ads after so many days, instead of ads being visible for years...tho some questions are still waiting to be answered ...

On 10/11/2019 at 8:57 PM, JBNeal said:

I believe the problem that prompted the current classified ad system was that ads for items sold would stay up unless a moderator removed them; the current system is automated to delete ads after so many days, instead of ads being visible for years...tho some questions are still waiting to be answered ...

the "old system" actually deleted a post after 30 days.  I know there are reasons why the site owner did what he did to get us to the current state.

I distinctly remember classified ads being listed that were well over a year old, new members inquiring about item availability, and established members chiding the new members about the age of the original ad...the new system has eliminated that awkward exchange, which has been great...tho a clarification question is still unanswered 

6 hours ago, JBNeal said:

I distinctly remember classified ads being listed that were well over a year old, new members inquiring about item availability, and established members chiding the new members about the age of the original ad...the new system has eliminated that awkward exchange, which has been great...tho a clarification question is still unanswered 

that was a number of upgrades in the past.....and yes there were ads years old and folks dead and gone who made the listing yet folks replying to these ads as if they were just written without ever looking at the date.......thus the need to revamp the classifieds.....