Mainly a curiosity

Rjpond

After enjoying a little weekend road time in my 55 pickup, I’ve decided that I missed not having a windshield mounted rear view mirror. So today, I headed to a neighbor who has an abandoned 54 dodge parts truck.   The 54 had a wonderful mirror but I was surprised to find that the mirror won’t  mount correctly on my late model 1955. 

Did dodge offer a rear view mirror on their  55 trucks?

Thanks

8 hours ago, wldavis3 said:

Dodge Central of Michigan list one that fits '48 through '53.  So, maybe the '54 & early '55 mirror only fits that model.  ????

as much as I like DCM, that doesn't look to be the correct mirror for a B series truck, much less how it mounts.

Dodge redesigned the cab for late '55 and used it on pickups through '60 and on heavy trucks through '75; also used that style on Town Wagons through the 60s...maybe VPW could help ya out or you could change your search parameters to later years :cool:

Mine looks different from those!

looking at the bunn books I always thought of mine as a sort of 1953 1/2. Like an early C series. But it’s also a 3/4 ton so that had some different options I’d imagine?

This is the best pic I could find on my phone and it’s dark out. Sorry the visor covers the stalk- it’s pretty plain but the top bracket is kinda spectacular I really like it. Seems like once every few years I think I’ll unscrew it to really clean it up nicely and that’s when I remember it doesn’t want to be unscrewed and leave well enough alone.

1C6F6FF0-5EE5-4DF8-9CCB-DD4B1DC4FE81.jpeg