Spindle axle nut size and thread pattern please Help

DavidJose1

Hello, 

Does anyone know  what size a spindle nut is for a 53 belvedere cranbrook two door? Got a disc brakes put on wirh a 72 dart i believe and brakes from a mustang gt. Please let me know what size spindle nut is. I know the bearing is 3/4 of an inch id  but im trying to get a new axle nut. If you know thread pattern pleas let me know 

The thread size is 16TPI or UNF thread size, 3/4 diameter on axle shaft and I know the axle shaft diameter is the same up to at least 1954.......haven't got a nut lying around to give the nut size......but 16 TPI or UNF should enable the correct fitting nut to be obtained...........andyd.  

David......I'm assuming you are in the US..........I'd try Andy Bernbaums or probably any decent spare parts shop as this is a fairly common size and I think should be available without too much trouble.....even a place that handles trailer parts as I think it will be a common size...........I think the nut is about 1& 1/4" AF, but the main measurement is the thread count and its 16 threads per inch or what I know of as UNF or Unified Fine thread...........regards from Oz.......andyd

If the spindle is the same size as the axles on my P15 the nuts is a 3/4" -16. There is a photo of the spindle and nut on my thread about building a brake adjustment tool. I bought a couple of these nuts at the local John Deere dealer and also got some from an Amazon vendor.

http://p15-d24.com/topic/50182-brake-adjustment-tool-updated/?tab=comments#comment-532931

brake-tool-8.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan