Drivers side front fender installed

tanda62

So I installed the fender today and it was so much fun ?  After drilling out the old rivets, I installed new weatherstripping and filler.  I then attached the lower rear bracket and the upper rear bracket to the fender loosely to help align things.  I already had the splash shield installed and used one bolt towards the rear to help keep things in line while I worked on the front bolts and weatherstripping.  It took a while but things finally did line up and I was able to put in all the bolts in the front.  I went back and installed all of the splash shield bolts with anti squeak and then tighten things up making sure I was happy with the way things lined up.  I am happy with the gaps and hopefully the hood will fit without too much fuss.  Next the passenger side...

drivers side front fender 01.gif

drivers side front fender 02.gif

• Like 4

do you plan on trimming they welting between the grill and fender?  Should not be proud of the surface.  I used a body caulk there so keep it below the surface.  Hindsight I would have bought a large piece of thin rubber and cut new gaskets.

Looking great!

• Like 1

I got the filler based on a recommendation from another on the forums - Part # 7C-16068 from dennis-carpenter.com

Mostly because it was cheaper than anywhere else for basically the same thing.

The fender welting came from Dodge Classic Motors 

I don't have plans on trimming the welting - I know it is not in line with the purist but neither is the 12 volt conversion or the remote brake reservoir or the led lights or the bed wood not soaked in creosote. :)

• Like 1