Rams Head Hood Ornament Placement

Jim Roach

I do not always hold with 'body correct" if the look suits me....it is more of a personalization thing as I cannot se myself ever babysitting another car at a car show...did my last event in 2003...guess I pegged my fun meter on trophies and such.....good to see you back on the forum....you were MIA for a bit.

Yea, life sometimes gets in the way of doing thing we want to do. I plan on pulling it back off and paint the red inside. I have some paint left over from when I painted the tail gate. I should post a picture of that. It turned out nice. I haven't put it back on  because I hadn't decided what to do about the lettering weather to try and paint them black or just leave it as is so I don't screw up a perfectly good paint job.

Installed my Ram today.  Used some cardboard to make a pattern along with a piece of fender welting to make sure I drilled the holes in the right place.  Lots of talking to myself and holding of breath before the first drill.  Blue painters tape made sure nothing went off where I wanted the holes.  Patience is key.  I am very happy with the result.

Ram.gif

• Like 1

Nice fit up!??

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2019 at 6:27 PM, tanda62 said:

Installed my Ram today.  Used some cardboard to make a pattern along with a piece of fender welting to make sure I drilled the holes in the right place.  Lots of talking to myself and holding of breath before the first drill.  Blue painters tape made sure nothing went off where I wanted the holes.  Patience is key.  I am very happy with the result.

Ram.gif

lookin good.  Thinking that ornament is off a W series?

12 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

lookin good.  Thinking that ornament is off a W series?

Nope the W ornaments are a more abstract ram head and they have a channel at the front to go over the stainless trim. 

Looks to be the 54 hood ornament. Looks great.

I believe it is a 54 as well, judging from the part number printed on it.  I can always say my 53 was a later in the year production model and it is an early production ornament. ?  I really like the look and think adds a lot to the truck.  Here is a shot with the hood done.

Hood installed.gif

I have  the wrong one on one of my trucks and like it way 1998088700_BigRedRamOrnament(2).JPG.c70766dbbf8b1b011028e9f82ca24f79.JPGmore than the truck ornament...