48-53 B-series quarter glass

Steve-L

Does anyone have a link to a manufacturer that is making new quarter window glass? You know the curved corner window glass in custom cabs like the one pictured.

As an alternative is anyone making Lexan replacements?

Or are we all scrambling for replacements from an ever shrinking pool of 60+ year old replacements?

I suspect the answer is no, no and yes in that order. 

Maybe I’ll stumble into a horde of NOS quarter window stock. But I think my chances of that are less than winning a lottery.

B18CA7EC-20F3-4352-9372-F76125D2C258.jpeg

Why not get used glass?

Doubt you will find any new.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Bob's in Oregon is showing new.  No relationship with vendor so quality or service unknown.

http://www.vendio.com/stores/bobsclassicautoglass/item/dodge-glass/1948-1952-dodge-truck-quarter-/lid=34408954

Price seems okay.  $200 for the pair plus $30 to ship.  Available clear, green or smoked.  

stock are tempered glass not laminated, after tempering....they CAN'T be cut.

Interesting a vendor is repopping these parts, curious as to why they say the COE is different than the others...as it's not.  Curious if they fit well or not as well.  Who wants to be the Guinea pig?  :D

I have my supply secured for Armageddon so I'm not looking for more.  I know Windy Hill has a truck or two in their yard with glass still in the cab.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link old cwo.

Thanks Keven for hooking me up with a pair of quarter windows. 

The pic in the ad looks more like a long chevy window than the short dodge version. But it may just be a representation pic, not a pic of the actual dodge window. 

In any case, I dropped them an email I’m awaiting their response. 

55570882-57C3-4F1E-9114-6A492056E421.jpeg

3136D2CE-0F55-4F68-95AA-C4D694BA9E79.jpeg

9 hours ago, Steve-L said:

Thanks for the link old cwo.

Thanks Keven for hooking me up with a pair of quarter windows. 

The pic in the ad looks more like a long chevy window than the short dodge version. But it may just be a representation pic, not a pic of the actual dodge window. 

In any case, I dropped them an email I’m awaiting their response. 

55570882-57C3-4F1E-9114-6A492056E421.jpeg

3136D2CE-0F55-4F68-95AA-C4D694BA9E79.jpeg

Thanks for posting the images.  yeah, the GM and Mopar windows aren't even close... Too bad.  

They both look great though!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

PM me, I have two sets I don't need.

<parts offer police>

ok before I get a few messages about parts trading on the forum, please keep offers for trade/sale off the main forum and do that via PM directly or the classifieds section.

35 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

<parts offer police>

ok before I get a few messages about parts trading on the forum, please keep offers for trade/sale off the main forum and do that via PM directly or the classifieds section.

I see nothing wrong with someone saying to pm me that they have what you need.  This attempt in trying to separate the classifieds in my opinion is to strict. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Todd B said:

I see nothing wrong with someone saying to pm me that they have what you need.  This attempt in trying to separate the classifieds in my opinion is to strict. 

offering of parts directly on the forum is prohibited....I just do what I'm told.  Fell free to moderate if you want....it's not fun being the police.

• 1 month later...

I ordered the quarter glass from The bob’s link above. Mostly because I was curious and it’s only money, you can’t take it with you and you can always get more.

see pics, the new glass has red tape on it. 
pic1 new on top old on bottom 

pic2  comparing curve new on the inside of the old

pic3 same as 2 but new is on the outside of the old

pic4 you can see it’s a shade thicker, no I didn’t measure it. 
pic5 the dot label

95CB0054-EB11-46EE-845C-1A3CBD0AC606.jpeg

BA1690D9-74E3-4F1D-A655-CA51C2EA14D7.jpeg

26841259-9D63-42F0-893C-A8101A567F40.jpeg

459C2341-8DD4-4414-8C25-D929488FBA09.jpeg

D7378C95-2727-4683-AC5C-1BBB775015C9.jpeg

• Like 1

When I got all the glass for my truck I was concerned about going with the tinted glass because the corner glass would be clear. However, If I had them made in clear glass I would have had to purchase 4 full sheets of glass to get 7 pieces with the DOT etching. Each full sheet has 2 etchings in opposite corners. However, if I went with tinted they had plenty of pieces left over from non-DOT projects to make my pieces. It saved me a couple hundred bucks. I thought I would just have to live with the corners being clear while the rest had a green tint. However, once everything was installed it's really not noticeable.

It's interesting that someone is making the curved glass from laminated glass panels. It's probably easier to heat and bend lam glass than to form tempered glass.