Removing fenders

Peter Munoz

Hello, I'm asking for advice. I have a 47 Plymouth special deluxe, I am trying to remove the front end, but I was told by the previous owner that if I remove the front end like the side fenders, I will loose the body shape or the alignment will not be right? He said to prevent this issue to weld a piece of metal in the trunk area for structure support? Not sure if I need to do this. I'm new to this restoration project and want to know if anyone else does this or just takes the front end out without welding a piece of metal in the trunk areas. 

Thanks in advance. 

hokum....the tub of the body in the area of the trunk is beefy and x-hatched already....as for the front...removed the bolts for the fender at the cowl and the two bolts on the front rad support....disconnect hoses and wires.....I prefer to remove the hood and bumper also especially if you have the bar in place....leave the hinges in place.....it is also easier when the wheels are removed so you do not have to negotiate them ...