pressure washer

Los_Control

Just now, Eneto-55 said:

I see you are in west Texas, so maybe the high plains,

I am a hour west of Abilene. It really does not get that cold here, but it will drop below freezing a few times a year .... why we were effected so badly by the recent cold snap. Nobody is prepared for it here. When they got power back on and water running, there was so many burst water lines the pump stations could not keep up with it.

Took several days of off & on again to locate the leaks and settle things down  :D

This is why I am thinking I will use the rv anti freeze. It is cheap and believe it is environmentally friendly .... just poor it in the drains and toilette's to keep them from freezing, then wash it down the drain in spring.

30 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

I am a hour west of Abilene. It really does not get that cold here, but it will drop below freezing a few times a year .... why we were effected so badly by the recent cold snap. Nobody is prepared for it here. When they got power back on and water running, there was so many burst water lines the pump stations could not keep up with it.

Took several days of off & on again to locate the leaks and settle things down  :D

This is why I am thinking I will use the rv anti freeze. It is cheap and believe it is environmentally friendly .... just poor it in the drains and toilette's to keep them from freezing, then wash it down the drain in spring.

I just hate the smell of that stuff.  My brother-in-law used to have a motor home that we would borrow sometimes to go "camping" with our church age group for a week-end.  One time we were the first to use it after Winter, and I had tried to rinse all of that stuff out of the water system before we left home, but the smell was in the water the whole time we used it.  Sure wouldn't want to use it to brush your teeth, certainly not to drink.  I hardly wanted to wash my hands with it, because then the smell was on my hands.  We ended up using the camping ground's showers, and just used the camper's bathroom at night, to flush.

11 hours ago, Eneto-55 said:

I just hate the smell of that stuff.  My brother-in-law used to have a motor home that we would borrow sometimes to go "camping" with our church age group for a week-end.  One time we were the first to use it after Winter, and I had tried to rinse all of that stuff out of the water system before we left home, but the smell was in the water the whole time we used it.  Sure wouldn't want to use it to brush your teeth, certainly not to drink.  I hardly wanted to wash my hands with it, because then the smell was on my hands.  We ended up using the camping ground's showers, and just used the camper's bathroom at night, to flush.

There are different types of rv antifreeze, some will stink the water for an eternity,especially the hot watertank. Check the rv owners forums, someone there will know the better product to use. 

• Like 1