Heater fan motor

JSabah

In switching to a 12v system I think I’ve got it mostly figured out but would appreciate being pointed to a 12v heater fan that will fit in the 49 blower housing ( a range of years to look for with the same size & bolt pattern ) or in the alternative a way to step the voltage down from 12 to 6 ( and handling the amperage) that maybe I overlooked 

thank you 

I don't recall that anyone has found a 6v to 12v direct replacement motor.  However, there are multiple types and brands of voltage reducers on the market that many have had success with.  A few have been discussed herein.  

Not that this is a big help but I used 12 volt fan motor from a 1969 imperial rear window defogger . The motor fit exactly as the original. Removed the squirrel cage type fan from the Imperial fan motor and put original fan from my 41 Plymouth fan motor on. I believe NAPA parts catalog offers something very similar in 12 volt also. 

you should be able to go to your local parts counter and ask the man to look at the Four Seasons catalog...(they do have the books behind the counter) select and buy by voltage and dimensions...with a switch adaptation you could go 2/3 speed if you wish...lots of possibilities.