let's see pictures of your '49 p17

1949 p17

Hello and welcome,

These cars are not as plentiful and the other '49 Plymouth models but they are neat for sure. You have your work cut out for you but it will be well worth it when you are through. Good luck to you.

John R

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, 1949 p17 said:

we don't see any p-17s at the car shows. we would love to see your pictures. our car is getting the daily driver redo right now.

2015-10-08_11_56_55.jpg

I don't have a '49 but I do have a '51 Canadian Dodge business coupe. As mentioned, your body style is not that common and will be an eye-turner when done. Unfortunately, looks like the back window is missing or broken.  All other glass in the car is flat and can be cut by just about any decent glass shop especially if you have the old cracked or scratched one. The back window is the only piece of curved glass in the entire car and will need to be sourced somewhere, somehow. I am not sure if the two door fastback model window that you have is unique to that body style or if other cars shared the same window. Good luck with the search and keep posting pictures as progress is made.

• Like 1

Well, the news about rear glass interchangeability  according to my interchange manual.

!949 and 50 are the only models using that glass, No other Mopars match.

For info for checking auto glass suppliers - the industry number is a B106. Most likely your only choice is a used one from another car?.

Like the lines of those "2 dr. sedans". I was not sure what to call them, so I looked in my 1950 Ply. repair manual and it calls them "2 door sedans".

The other 2 dr. sedan type cars are called "club coupes" and are P-18's.

DJ

For rear window glass, you might want to check this place. They appear to have a lot of older car glass available.  It's worth a shot. Good luck.

John R

http://www.ebaystores.com/Bobs-Classic-Auto-Glass/Plymouth-Glass-/_i.html?_fsub=885652018&_sid=79341138&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322