Messed up big time lower rear shackle bolt

garyanna2

I did not think that the lower bolt is left handed, i thought that was only on the drivers side. Well it is tight now and a friend  suggested we cut the shackle off. Now i see i was so wrong and that bolt is supper tight. I need to remove the spring off the truck and drill out or put a long cheater in a breaker bar to remove it help! signed bone head. The shackle is not there to help hold it now.

Good quality Impact gun with  175lbs of air..should buzz it right off

I used a 3’ piece of pipe on a craftsman 1/2” ratchet with a 6 point socket. And I got it rippin hot with a torch first. 

It was definitely abusive to the tool but hey- lifetime guarantee! I could only get a few degrees of clicks on each pull since I can only get the truck so high on jackstands. So an actual breaker bar wouldn’t have worked. 

Propane is good but a good warmup with ox/a will do a better quicker job. 

Radar

Thanks so much I used a 650lbs IR air gun that belongs to a friend turned the air all the way up heated it and while i beat it with a bfh the gun took it off. I think part of the problem besides no one greased them for years is the outside of the pin cuts groves into the spring eyes. With out lube it make a man want to drink . I drink ice tea ,next time it will take a stronger drink.