new floors

philjafo

It may not look like much and once the rebuild is complete no one will ever see this stuff so hopefully some people here will appreciate all the work that goes into removing rot from a 70 year old car in the rust belt.

Edit: cant seem to get the pictures to upload, if I can get it figured out I'll post some pictures

Edited by philjafo
I don't have a clue what i"m doing

On 8/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, dhrandy said:

Can't wait to see the pics. I need to eventually replace the ones in my 50 Special DeLuxe. The previous owner did a shotty repair job.

I had the same issue, po just laid 1/4 plate over the holes.

yes, typical rot and rust for these cars and for the reasons you mentioned.....sad thing is that moisture and dirt traps are still built into cars today....of course...these were not intended to last forever either.....companies would go broke if they did....actually many companies did.

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

yes, typical rot and rust for these cars and for the reasons you mentioned.....sad thing is that moisture and dirt traps are still built into cars today....of course...these were not intended to last forever either.....companies would go broke if they did....actually many companies did.

Exactly! I knew this when I starting looking for an older car.  In my price range they weren't going to be rust free.

10 hours ago, philjafo said:

I had the same issue, po just laid 1/4 plate over the holes.

Maybe the same owner "repaired" our cars, lol.  I have metal on one side with sheet metal screws shot straight through the floor, which really sucked when I went to replace the master cylinder.  The other side has some kind of cardboard type material, maybe made of the same stuff as pegboard.  I think this winter I'll tackle wiring and next year I'll tackle the floorboards and rocker panel. 

I made the inner rocker panel but I found outer rockers from classic to current fabrication for 35 bucks each. I was very surprised when I ordered them on Sunday and Monday morning I got the email they should be arriving Wednesday. I’ll post an update when I get a chance to work on it again.

• Like 1