Auto gear box

Livlow

Bolt directly no.  Can be used with an adapter and lots of time and money,   maybe. I have a GM 700r4 behind a Studebaker v8 in a 56 pickup. But it required an adapter plate, the fabrication of a transmission support cross member, the adaptation of the trans mount to that cross member, the replumbing of the exhaust, the adaptation of a transmission oil cooler as the radiator is not set up for trans cooler lines,  The modification of the drive shaft and u joints, modification of throttle linkage and trans control cable, a new speedometer cable, modification of an aftermarket shifter, the wiring of a neutral safety switch, the modification of the floor to clear the unit, and other various and sundry tweaks to get the drive shaft pinion angle correct, etc.

• Like 1

Livlow......also try Wilcap , I assume you know that the Oz Royals 1957-62 used the 250 cube, 25" engine with the Torqueflite cast iron auto....which is about as close as you'll get...........or chase up a B/w T5 manual otherwise what GregG has indicated plus you'll have to decide what you want to do for a parking brake as none of the late model autos have the drive shaft handbrake so then you have to install a late model diff...........I've been playing with Oz mopars since 1971, have a 318 poly, auto etc in my 1940 Dodge and can give you a few pointers........email at scaleautomobilia@hotkey.net.au or phone on 02 66 425963 ....I'm in Grafton NSW...........Welcome Aboard.........Andy Douglas

On 8/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, greg g said:

Forgot starter flywheel issues.

Hopefully, with whatever adapter package is chosen, the starter/flexplate/flywheel issue is covered......?

There is still -1- of the oem adapters listed on ebay.........