1941 fender skirts.

claybill

i am the proud owner of a 41 convertible!! in most pics this car is equipped with fender skirts. i often see the flat steel kind and the slightly bubbled f-glas variety.. any info on where to purchase....quality of each..preference? any pics of your installation? i favor the bubble type...as seen in most early ads..

claybill

After hearing some interest from folks in fender skirts, I feel it is time for me to part with mine. These are Original MoPar, steel skirts! (Plymouth). If anyone is interested, drop me a line.

I picked up these fender skirts at the 2000 AACA Hershey Meet with forward intentions of installing them on one of my 41 Plymouths, but seven years later they are still not installed:eek:

I would rather see them being used, then sitting any longer in storage.

I am attempting to attach a few photos of these skirts to this post, hope that I have some success. If not, or if anyone is interested in viewing other photos of these skirts, kindly let me know. Shown, (hopefully :) ) are the skirts attached to a NOS 41 Plymouth fender. They grab and hold as only OEM equipment can. I have a bit over $500.00 in these skirts and will need to recover this amount. These skirts and the chrome badges you do not see very often....I will also more than likely be taking these back to Hershey in a couple of weeks if they are not sold by then. Thanks for looking!:D

post-160-13585346187349_thumb.jpg

post-160-13585346187565_thumb.jpg

post-160-13585346187824_thumb.jpg

post-160-13585346187975_thumb.jpg

• 12 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 6:22 AM, Skrambler said:

Sorry, they sold quite a while ago. I only have a "bare" one, not sure of the side. No badge.

Iknow this is an old thread and I am interested if you still have the single bare one still. Does it still have all the mounting hardware?

I really like the style of this type of bubble skirt and I have a buddy who could build me a mate for the other side if I have a template to work off of. 

8 minutes ago, Skrambler said:

I believe it is still back in Pennsylvania. I will not be back that way till Spring. Good to see that you are not far from me in Phoenix! If you ever take the 2 hour trip North to Sedona, drop me a line!

I do appreciate you keeping me in line when you get back to check. I do enjoy the Sedona, Jerome, and Page Springs area due to the vineyards and getting out of the big city.

Thank you for the quick response.  Enjoy the great 'Winter' we enjoy out here, I'm originally from Wisconsin...I don't miss the snow one bit. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Good morning Skrambler,

I hope this finds you after enjoying a great Thanksgiving holiday. Just checking in if you had a chance or are still planning on digging through your pile of parts to see if you have those one year only Plymouth Fender skirts for 1942.

No rush, just letting you know I still have an interest in them.

Thank you,

-Eric

13 minutes ago, Rustydodge46 said:

I have an original pair of 1942 Plymouth skirts with badges $1000 

Screenshot_20210121-214724_Facebook (1).jpg

Screenshot_20210121-215051_Facebook.jpg

These are definitely the ones I am looking for. I will have to follow up with you after the holidays if you still have them.

Thank you for posting them in the thread.