Australian 1946 to 1948 Mopar Info Needed

Andydodge

Have a guy here in Oz, Melbourne Victoria to be precise,  who has an ex USA 1941 Dodge Business Coupe that he is converting to LHD........he needs the steering column bracket from a RHD car ideally 1941 but 1942, 1946 to 1948 may work and we are wondering if any Oz members here have a parts car with the bracket available..........even if you don't have a parts car a picture of your RHD 1946 to 1948 Oz TJ Richards assembled or RHD US import would be appreciated just to confirm whether the RHD Oz cars used the same steering column bracket but in RHD format.........what he needs is as mentioned a RHD version with the shifter shaft BESIDE the steering column, NOT above it as the OZ assembled 1940/41 cars used...........sounds confusing, I know, but if you can assist or want further into contact me here or ring................Andy Douglas, 02 66 425963 anytime...........thanks, andyd     

Edited by Andydodge

Andy, there’s. Mate of mine that I met in Sydney who can likely give you some photos of his car. Spent a lot of time with him touring on my 13 trips down. He’s got an import car from the USA that the prior owner converted to RHD. I’ll drop you a  PM with his contact details.   

Cheers,

mark

Hi Andy the 46-48 TJR bodied cars have shifter  shaft over the top like the 41 when i get home tonight ill take a picture and post for you of my 48 Desoto 

cheers Gareth

Gareth.....many thanks for the pics, yep that is the same as was used in my 1940 and the 1941 barcket that I have......I'd say that all the RHD cars used this setup so the guy may have to make up something from scratch.....again thanks for the pics............andyd. 

• Like 1